Nothing is more important than insurance in an emergency and travel is no different!
(including the provision for emergency evacuation) prior to departure from Canada”
– Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs
Don’t leave home without it.
*If you have an existing insurance policy with another company, including your credit card, please verify that you have adequate coverage to protect you for the duration of your trip. Over 60% of Canadians think they have more insurance than they do.
COVID-19 Pandemic Travel Plan for Canadians travelling abroad
- Provides emergency medical insurance for COVID-19 and reulated complications (up to $1,000,000 CAD for unvaccinated and $5,000,000 CAD if fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine to cover expenses related to the treatment of COVID-19
- Provides Emergency Medical Insurance coverage for Non-COVID-19 related medical conditions (up to $5,000,000 CAD per insured) excluding anything related to pre-exiting conditions.
- Includes Trip Interruption Insurance benefits in the event of quarantine (up to $200 per insured person per day for hotel and meal expenses to a maximum of $2,800 if you are unexpectedly required to self-isolate or quarantine. Family coverage maximum is $400 per insured family per day to a maximum of $5,600)
- If quarantined, up to $500 for your one-way economy class airfare via the most cost-effective itinerary to return you home in the event you are delayed beyond the date you were originally scheduled to return home
- insurance is refundable if your trip is cancelled prior to departure, $25 cancellation fee applies.
Family rate $67.84 7 nights (pay for 2 adults and kids are free)
Whatever insurance you are taking with you, remember to bring your policy number and contact phone number with you in case of an emergency during your trip.